I made this before I got into making quality vacuum formed cases. Not bad looking but ugly in comparsion to what I can make now! System is too thick also as I didn’t integrate the batteries as I would now. Concept was to make a base unit that could play console systems with a large motherboard. This meant the base system had to be large enough to cover boards from the likes of the Jaguar, MegaDrive 2, SNES and others. I completed an N64 system for it and all but the final stages of a SNES, however I then learnt how to trim boards down, cuts parts off and re-wire them, to end up with a smaller board. I therefore abandoned the project, as making smaller systems is far nicer and more beneficial.
This is still, I believe, the only interchangeable console system made, so is unique.
This project was the learning curve for me to have the skills needed for the Alpha Omega project as it taught me a lot of the principles regards interference on lines and prevention, and using common connections as interface ports.
* Official 5.4″ official Sony PSone screen
* D-pad and all buttons needed to run a multitude of systems
* Stereo audio via two speakers
* Headphone jack and partially finished Scart
* 8.8 amps battery power (about 7 hours playtime on N64 system)
* Removable and replaceable Li-ions via battery compartment
Playing an N64 game: